At Franklin & Son’s, we pride ourselves on the make-up of our products, using the best ingredients to make the best tasting drinks possible.
The world is an astonishing place, full of flavours and inspiration that allow us to create exceptional drinks, naturally, without preservatives, artificial colours, flavourings or refined sugars. Whenever possible, we maintain the shortest possible supply chain, with a strict stance against any form of modern slavery or trafficking.
Whilst the vast majority of our packaging is either glass, can or card, we are still undeniably a “one use” industry. We take our impact on the environment very seriously and strive to continuously improve, ensuring our packaging is sourced responsibly, even down to the inks we use on our labels. This dedication allows our products to be handled responsibly at the end of life, with our ultimate goal is to eventually become a circular economy.
Like many, we are far from perfect, but we are undertaking a number of practices to both better understand our impact and how we can reduce it. Our initial focus is in two primary areas; carbon usage and packaging.
- A full Carbon analysis of our business has been commissioned with results due in 2022.
- Solar panels installed at our warehouse, which will deliver the majority of our logistics’ electricity.
- Our vehicles are moving to 100% hybrid or full electric. Charging points at Head office.
- We are proud to say moving forward we will be 100% “curbside” recyclable.
- Shrink film on our outer packaging now “pre-stretched”, 25% thinner, stronger, less total plastic used with 30% recycled content.
- Removed all single-use point of sale items
Franklin and Sons Ltd and our parent company Global Brands Ltd will keep our commitment to a program of continuous improvement in all areas of our businesses.
And so, we look forward to the future, one where our drinks are sourced, produced and enjoyed responsibly.
The Franklin & Sons Team